Author Topic: DS waking after just 15mins morning nap???  (Read 1297 times)

Offline allione

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Moderator Rank
DS waking after just 15mins morning nap???
« on: January 24, 2006, 10:45:25 am »
I am just starting Easy and yesterday seemed to go ok, but today when I got my son to sleep at 9.45 (he still needs a prop) he usuallysleeps 1 and a half hours to two in the morning but he has woken up after just 15 mins?? what do I do now, I tried to get him back off but he was having none of it. Do I feed him now as he keeps crying, do you think it might be his teeth?

Do I get him down for an earlier sleep than his next one will this mess the routine up??

Help I am lost and confused.
First time mum from England
My Son is called Jude Caesar

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: DS waking after just 15mins morning nap???
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 20:04:49 pm »
Hello :D

How old is your little one?  Also...can you post what a typical day looks like, that will help us out.  What does he use to get to sleep? :D

If he does wake earlier than normal for a nap, then yes, watch his cues - he will probably have to be put down earlier than normal.  In this instance, EASY is tweaked.  You may have to feed right before a nap..or let him sleep a little longer, letting him sleep through his normal feed time (not sure of his age, you may need to wake him still).  All of this is OK, you mainly want to avoid feeding to sleep. 

:D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline allione

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Moderator Rank
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 21:22:12 pm »
Hello,

Thanks for your reply, my DS is 6months old. He has always 'fed to sleep' thats usually the only way to get him off, alternatively he relies on my DH or myself to rock him to sleep, i cannot see him ever going off without these props and right now I am that worn out by him I dont think I can try?!

Also my other major problem is he doesnt finish a bottle at eat time, he goes back to it later and this messes up the new routine I am trying to get him on?? its not because he's not hungry because he leaves most of his first feed at 7.30am and hes gone 11 hours?

Not sure I can stick to this......:(

any advice would be great.
First time mum from England
My Son is called Jude Caesar

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 01:49:16 am »
I would consider teething if he's showing signs outside of naptime.  Meaning, is he chewing alot, does he have reddish cheeks or runny/stinky poos (more so than usual)?  These were signs for my dd.  Of course teething will disrupt sleep.  However, is he perhaps ready to lengthen his A time.  Could he have not been ready for his nap?  You could try to lengthen say 15 mins and see how he responds to that. 
As for feeding to sleep, I suggest you try to work on independent sleep now before it becomes a huge problem later.  Rocking my dd was her prop, and I resented it.  I don't mean to sound harsh, but being a slave for up to 20 mins to get to sleep was draining on me.  Now that she can put herself to sleep, our family is much happier.  We can work on this with you if you want to try.
Taking his bottle in "spurts" is actually pretty common.  It doesn't have to mess up the routine.  Some babies are either to active to sit for that long to be fed, and others need a quick breather before finishing.  Think of it more of a thirst quincher while playing.   Also, many babies aren't that hungry in the morning even after sleeping all night.  My dd eats less in the morning, too.  I often worried, but she's perfectly fine.  I just reminded myself that I don't particularly like to eat in the morning either (unless coffee counts :wink:).
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007