Author Topic: Wind pains waking.. help  (Read 1689 times)

Offline charlibabes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 23, 2006, 05:33:21 am »
Having ruled out other possible causes for 13 week old suddenly waking I think it is wind.  She wakes crying and once I pick her up and put her over my shoulder she farts alot. 

She hates gripe water it seems, any ideas?  I have had small amounts of spincach recently, could that be ot?

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Wind pains waking.. help
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 06:02:53 am »
It could be your diet, so it might be an idea to keep a food diary as she could also have dairy/other food intolerance.

If she has just gone through a growth spurt, that could also be it as the milk changes & it may be her adjusting to it...my ds#1 always spat up & had wind after a growth spurt.

make sure you burp her well  & give her plenty of tummy time as that helps reduce the wind & also do bicycle kicks with her legs when you change her nappy, as that helps get rid of it
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline lilieng

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 15:39:19 pm »
My LO had a lot of gas as well - not sure if it will work for you, but I found that drinking a cup of fennel tea every evening before last nursing helped her (and me ;) ) release gas.  She stopped having gas pain almost immediately.

Offline aaronsmommy

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 20:53:31 pm »
Hello!
  My son had the same thing!  I will assure you that he is now 9 1/2 months and it's not a problem anymore and hasn't been for quite some time.  Here are some of the things we did....maybe they might work for you: we made sure that he burped before we put him down, even if we had to put him down only to pick him up a few minutes later, sometimes that's all it took.  I cut out choco from my diet and cut back on dairy, I couldn't eliminate it completely.  I tried not to eat Broccoli, spinach, cabbage, and peppers and if I did I tried to have them earlier in the day.  We also gave him Mylicon at night before bed.  Not sure if it was anything that I did that helped or if it was just giving his digestive system a little more time to figure out how to work.  Good luck!
~Cheri :)
~Cheri :)

Offline Kimberly®

• Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 21:00:27 pm »
Oval also workd really well for Gas.
Also swaddleing and laying them on their sides help relieve some of the pressure on their little tummies.
And as posted already avoid foods like broccoli, corn, milk. Foods that would cause you gas generally cause your LO gas aswell
Kimberly

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 22:39:40 pm »
Have you heard of cranial osteopathy? They work on v,v,v, gently realigning the body after birth, well through out life really, as very slight 'out of placeness' (sorry to be so untechnical its late here!!!!) can coause problems throughout the body.

MyDD suffered from trapped wind in the night, two sessions later she was all cured.

Happy to fill you in with more details if your'e interested.
Kxx
Kimberley

Offline charlibabes

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 09:19:48 am »
Have you heard of cranial osteopathy? They work on v,v,v, gently realigning the body after birth, well through out life really, as very slight 'out of placeness' (sorry to be so untechnical its late here!!!!) can coause problems throughout the body.

MyDD suffered from trapped wind in the night, two sessions later she was all cured.

Happy to fill you in with more details if your'e interested.
Kxx

I looked into this and another friends recommended it... she went for the firts of three sessions yesterday :) thanks for all the advice... am looking at my diet more carefully too.. and trying to find fennel tea, may as well do everything possible!