Author Topic: How can I get him to drink more?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline DJs mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
How can I get him to drink more?
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:19:57 am »
Has anyone got any advice on getting my ds to drink more.  He sips at water, sips at juice and has about 16oz of milk at best each day.  He is not constipated but it just seems like he has very little liquid.  Should I not worry unless he becomes constipated?  I see other babies downing ounces of water or diluted juice and I wonder why Daniel doesn't ever do this.

Thanks

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
Re: How can I get him to drink more?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 13:03:22 pm »
Hi , DS only recently stated drinking water properly after months of me despereatly trying to get him to do it. I forgot to offer him drinks over xmas :-[ then inthe new year I remembered he should have drinks and he took to it like a fish to water.  I wasnt too worried because he always had lots of breast milk and I used to think of that as his drink, after all it is fluid (my MIL is a health visitor and this what she told me to think). I dont how much 16oz is but maybe he is getting all his fluid from that. All I can recommend is to not get uptight about it after all he is having sips isnt he. You would be able to tell if he was dehydrated becaused he would be sleepy and his fontelle (sp ? u know what i mean) would be sunken and if you pinch his skin it will not ping back into place. As for contipation make sure he has a fruit filled diet and weetabix always worked for my DS  x ;)

p.s , like your DS hat my DS has the same one, you cant account for good taste x ;)

HTH

Nome
X

x ;)
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06