Author Topic: Can you have the opposite of a growth spurt?  (Read 1552 times)

Offline bayneddie

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can you have the opposite of a growth spurt?
« on: January 23, 2006, 13:26:21 pm »
My DD is five months old. She's never been a real foodie but until recently was having four 5 ounce bottles and one 8 ounce (bedtime) bottle a day. For the past few days she's only been nibbling, taking perhaps 2 or 3 ounces after four or more hours between feeds. Nothing else has changed - she seems happy in herself. Although her poohs having been rather loose, more frequent and particularly smelly (like gone-off cheese) since New Year. She's not on any solids yet.
Do I need to be worried?

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Re: Can you have the opposite of a growth spurt?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 13:53:45 pm »
Hi

As long as she's happy and still gaining weight I wouldn't be too worried. Just like up babies sometimes have spells were they're just not hungry. Keep an eye on her temp and watch for signs that she's not well, teething etc but if everything else is okay don't stress it. I bet you'll find she'll be back up to her usual amount in a few days.

If you are worried then take her to see your health visitor or doctor to up your mind at rest.

HTH

love
Marie

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 20:23:35 pm »
my Lo is going through exactly the same thing, can barely get 8oz into her in a day, although she is quite happy to take solids ??? so confusing
Amelie Grace's mum

Offline dinah34134

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 21:07:28 pm »
andrew seems to do that every once in a while.

normally he was 4 or 5 8oz bottles a day and every few months for like a week he'll only have 3 8 oz bottles, it always worries me, but it seems to pass and he doesn't seem dehydrated or anything.

with your little guy if it keeps up a long time (like a month) i would just make sure he's gaining weight by getting him weighed like once a week.