Author Topic: Need help t o solve sleeping problems for 14 months DD  (Read 1158 times)

Offline m2s

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need help t o solve sleeping problems for 14 months DD
« on: January 24, 2006, 14:42:19 pm »
My dd has been a good sleeper since she was a newborn.  She sleep through the night at about 2.5 months.  She get 2 naps in the day and she went to bed at around 7pm each night up until now (she is 14 months now).  She can fall into sleep by herself without my help at 7 pm each night.  She like to hold her lovey when she sleep.

The only problem is about 4 to 5 months ago, she started to wake up at around 11pm or 12pm mid night every night and I can't get her back to sleep at that point.  I have to drop whatever I was doing at that time and help her to get back to sleep.  I tried PU/PD, tried putting my hand on her, I also tried rocking and holding her.  I also tired to let her cry/scream for 5 mins before I go in.  Nothing works.  The more I do, the more awake she is.  Since I am always very tired by that time, at 11pm or 12 pm, I ended up sleeping with her in the full size bed in her room instead of putting her back to her crib.   And my husband sleep in the master bedroom by himself.  I don't want this pattern to continue.   I want my dd to go back to sleep in the crib every night after she wke up. 

She start to wake up even earlier in the last 2 weeks, at 9pm or 10 pm.  and she will want to play for 2 hours before she sleep next to me in the full  size bed in her room. 

Please help me.  Any advice and comment are welcome.  Thank you in advance!!!!!

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
Re: Need help t o solve sleeping problems for 14 months DD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 10:58:05 am »
Firstly it sounds like she is ready to move to 1 nap a day if she wants to play at nap/bed time.

Really the only way you can "fix" this is to find a method like PU/PD & stick to it... the more you change things or keep staying the longer the problem will be. Once you start the new method you have to stick to it EVERY time & yes it may take a week or 2, but it will get better if you are consitent.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05