Author Topic: please help picky 1 year old  (Read 1320 times)

Offline evans and bethans mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 3
please help picky 1 year old
« on: January 24, 2006, 20:16:19 pm »
please help me my ds is just getting his top two teeth he already has the bottom front two he is on and off with teething pain, and he has suddenly started going of his food ,i know its common
around this time but i need some advice.
On a morning he has milk  then wheetabix and milk well a few spoonfulls.
then lunch he has juice or  water and a few spoonfulls of food then a fromage frais also a fruit pot.
 tea time is the same .occasionally has a snack of juice and a biscuit but that isn't every day .  Then at night he has milk which is about 5oz the milk is full fat cows milk.  my mum says
 he certainly isn't starving and he wont let himself starve he will eat when  he is hungry is his right.i just dont no what to do should i hold off giving him fromage fra and a fruit pot to see if he eats more food and what are good foods t give a pick eater.

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
Re: please help picky 1 year old
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 21:21:13 pm »
Hi,

It's completely normal for kids to go off thier food when they are teething, so please don't worry.  I found that soft foods helped DD like yoghurt, cheese, toast, pasta and soft fruits.  To be honest while she was teething i gave her what i knew she was going to eat, if she didn't eat her main meal then i wouldn't make a big deal about it and would offer her a yogurt or something else instead.  When she stopped teeting she went back to eating normally again.

I think the important thing is just to make sure he is eating something rather then nothing.

HTH:)

Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]