Author Topic: New here how do I get new son on E.A.S.Y. with older siblings in school?  (Read 1095 times)

Offline luvmykidsjaj

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My sweet miracle boy
I have a 3 week old son who I'm wanting to start on the E.A.S.Y. plan, but struggle with my busy schedule running my kids back and forth to school. I drop my older son, who is in grade one, and my daughter, in kindergarten, off at 9:00 a.m. I'm then go back to pick up my daughter at 11:30 as she only goes half days. Finally I head back once more to pick up my son at 3:30.

If my baby boy was my only child I'd have all the time in the world to try and make this plan work, but instead his E.A.S.Y. plan has to fit into my older children's school schedule. The biggest challenge is the sleep factor since I can't always lie him in his bed when it is time because we have to head out. He sleeps in his bed at night, and when I can make it work during the day, but he often falls asleep on our walks back and forth.

Any ideas that might help???
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 01:39:54 am by luvmykidsjaj »
Kim
Proud Mommy to Josiah 12/31/05
                          Anna   06/19/01
                          Joshua 01/25/99
                         3 angels '97/'02/'03

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
Re: New here how do I get new son on E.A.S.Y. with older siblings in school?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 01:53:49 am »
if i was you (and i found it hard enough with 2 to coordinate) i would focuson the key elements of BW (keeping his order of events as E/A/S/Y, learn his cues, avoid feeding to sleep, and be as consistent AS POSSIBLE) since you have a consistent weekly routine for your school runs I woudl just factor them in. if you know when you need to head out and if he is due for a sleep soon, maybe you coudl put him in the stroller when he is due for a nap and just get some extra walking time in - especially if you are wlaking there and back (rather than in and out of a car which can wake them up). you cannot avoid your school runs so best to find what ways to incorporate them if he is due for sleeps (to try to ensure he gets the longest nap possoible in the situation)  If that is his routine you will probably find he naps fine in the stroller for the times you need to do it.

the reason why naps in the cot are emphasised so much is partly to reduce the chances that baby can only sleep if rocked, driven, walked around to get to sleep. if you make sure he is ahving some sleeps in his bed then you will balance out the need for some naps to be on the go... just make sure at home you work on good naps in his bed...

at 3 weeks i woudl not worry about thigs too much yet, but soon enough his A times will extend etc and then if he is falling asleep on your walks (and has recently had a nap) i woudl bring along toys and such for his stroller to keep him entertained (if the environment does not offer enough stimulation :wink:)

Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline luvmykidsjaj

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My sweet miracle boy
Re: New here how do I get new son on E.A.S.Y. with older siblings in school?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2006, 16:50:34 pm »
Thanks so much for your reply! Your ideas make alot of sense. I find that so far my walks over to the school are at the times he is due for a nap so I was mostly worried about the fact that they weren't happening in his bed. I know as he grows that will change, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Thanks again  :)

Kim
Proud Mommy to Josiah 12/31/05
                          Anna   06/19/01
                          Joshua 01/25/99
                         3 angels '97/'02/'03