Author Topic: teeth now no milk  (Read 1074 times)

Offline travis's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
teeth now no milk
« on: January 25, 2006, 13:17:56 pm »
I don't know if there is an answer for this questiion it's just my DS got two teeth about 3wks ago. I must say this didn't really effect him much until now.

When I give him his bottle he doesn't want to drink he would rather bite down on the teat and pull the bottle away to make like a 'snapping' sound. If I tell him slowly 'no thank you travis, mummy doesn't like that' and shake my head and take the bottle away, he smiles and makes gestures for me to give it to him again. So I do (because I want him to drink his milk) but he just does it again.

In the morning he drinks about 4oz then he starts doing this, at mid day he just does it straight away and I can't get him to drink any, at 4pm he drinks a few oz then the same thing and at bed time, he drinks 5oz at the most (he used to drink 7oz).

Altogether his formula intake has drasticly dropped. I don't know if this is because of his new found teeth or because he is on 3 solid meals a day?

Should I be worried or just keep offering the bottle until he gets over his fasination with his teeth. Or should I reduce the amount of solids he eats in the hope he'll be hungry for his milk a bit more.

Any advice or opinions would be geatfully recieved.

Offline dinah34134

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:24:25 am »
andrew did that too when he first got his teeth.  he grew bored of it after a while.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: teeth now no milk
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:29:24 am »
Sometimes babies do go through little phases where they drink less.... As long as he continues to gain weight and it doesn't seem to be affecting his night sleep I would just go with the flow and keep offering it to him.    :)

Another thought...maybe trying a faster nipple if you aren't already on the fastest one available?

:)

**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom