Author Topic: CIO for 3 yr old?  (Read 1051 times)

Offline wren

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • My Boys - Alec Oct 20 '02 & Layne Feb 6 '08
CIO for 3 yr old?
« on: January 26, 2006, 17:37:59 pm »
This was last night….
Gave DS a bath, dressed in PJ’s and into my bed for a bit of TV time. When the time came we brushed teeth, and off to bed. We talked a little, had hugs & kisses than I left him to fall asleep.
2 min later he was downstairs saying “not bedtime”, I told him twice to get back to bed then carried him there. I said, “the sun is sleeping and you should be sleeping too”. That’s when it started, “NO, not bedtime” “I go downstairs” “Not sleepy” “NO, no, no” I said, “it is bedtime, now put your head down and go to sleep”.
I left the room. He waited 30sec and was on the stairs again. This time as I carried him I was punched, scratched and spit on. I put him on the bed and walked out.
The next time I was at the door waiting, I took him back in and cuddled him, sang to him and he calmed down. I left.
He was up again. This time I sat on the bed blocking his escape from it, he was crying, yelling, etc, etc. Eventually he put his head down (still crying/ whining) and it tapered off to a whimper. I then left the room and did not hear from him again.
It’s like I had to let him C.I.O.  ??? ::)

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
Re: CIO for 3 yr old?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 03:13:59 am »
Mine is not quite 3 and she will stay in bed and chat for up to an hour at bedtime, and is refusing to nap now too. If I make her do something she doesn't want, I get physically beaten up too. She even told me last night "I don't love you!"

It is hard to find a sense of humor when they are like this! I keep hoping it to get better.
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies