Author Topic: anyone go to 4 hour at 3 months?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline melanemac

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
anyone go to 4 hour at 3 months?
« on: January 26, 2006, 18:17:50 pm »
DS has been on a 3 hour EASY siince 6 weeks. For the past few weeks he has been:
E 7, 10, 1, 4, 7, 11 DF

We had a hard time getting him to stay awake more than an hour each time. i also finally got him back to only one night waking at 4ish after a few week setback. We went on a trip last week where he was around other people all day and we definitely extended it to about an hour and a half. Well, since we have been back this week, he seems to be moving to a 4 hour EASY. He is still up at 7 and has A until about 8:30 and then S until 11. Then by the time I get him back to S it is almost 1. So I am going to let him sleep to see if he is down until about 3, which would be his 4 hour routine.

Anyone else's DC naturally move to 4 hour this early?

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: anyone go to 4 hour at 3 months?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 03:21:29 am »
Zoe went to a 4 hr during her 3rd month too.   :)  4 months is a guideline so if everything is falling into place, I say all is well.  ;D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline estherofi20

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 158
  • my gorgeous babies
Re: anyone go to 4 hour at 3 months?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 03:33:54 am »
I changed Paul's 3-hour to 4-hour routine 4 weeks ago (pretty little I know) he was TOTALLY asking for it, and it works perfect for us both (he eats betters, naps better, and sleeps better)

Offline Wills_mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 03:36:16 am »
My LO is 8-9 weeks and is on EASY every 4 hours.  I thought it was kinda soon but it just happened. Our pediatrician was fine with it since he was gaining weight so well.  Bummer is that he still wakes to feed at the 3 hour mark in the middle of the night.  Can go for 4 hours during the day but only SOMETIMES can at night.  I guess sleeping thru the night will come with time, developmental maturity etc.  I hate to sound like I am trying to rush him

I am still having trouble with quality awake time.  He feeds at 730 and is yawning with heavy eyes by 830.....I guess its ok since he seems to still sleep well and do well overnight. He seems to be Touchy so I put him down sooner than later to avoid a meltdown and overtired.

Any thoughts on when he will get more active?  Oh I guess I should mention, he was 35 weeks not 40 weeks gestation so that probably has something to do with it as well?

Thanks