Author Topic: awake for 1hr in the night, but not crying= leave him ?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Liz R

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
awake for 1hr in the night, but not crying= leave him ?
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:27:20 am »
hello,
Although things are drastically better with Jake's night wakings, he still wakes between 3 and 5 for about an hour.
He just babbles,rolls about, generally having a bit of fun with his toy dog. He has refused a dummy since he started cutting his teeth so that's not what he needs. He's not hungry, as will take a few sucks, and still won't go back to sleep.  He still wakes for the day 7 to 7.30 am.
His morning nap is generally at 9,for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs, but he is getting cranky at about 8 ish now, which I know is way too early for a nap at his age.
SO my questions are these
1, provided he doesn't get upset, should I just leave him to it in the night(even though it drives me mad lstening)
2, should I just let him have a cat nap at 8 ?
3, Is his waking habitual, even tho' the time is varying- should I try wake to sleep?

Chloe 18/07/1994 Angel
Ellie   18/11/1997 Spirited
Jacob 09/07/2005 Spirited

Offline shells

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: awake for 1hr in the night, but not crying= leave him ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 11:45:33 am »
I was going through the same thing, and still am. My lo was waking so much in the night I was exhausted
I started letting her cry or fuss for short periods before I would jump to go in and sooth her. Now the majority of the time she will settle her self back to sleep. I would say that if your lo Isn't screaming just talking in his crib that you could try leaving him to settle to sleep on his own. I did find this hard at first because your so use to jumping at every little noise they make, but is well worth it if he can settle him self back to sleep. good luck!!!

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:16:53 pm »
If your LO isn't crying its ok to leave them :) they're learning to settle themselves. Given time they should learn to do this quickly and they wont be up for long anymore.
Kimberly

Offline RosieMum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • Mum to Rosie - Spirited/Angel Live in UK
    • Families Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 12:21:31 pm »
I would say to leave him. Is he still in your room? I would say that if he is it might be time for him to move. I was amazed at how much we woke Rose up in the night and when she went to her own room at 4 and a half months she started waking just once a night! Good luck xx
Come and visit us at Families Forum

Offline zelkad

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 14:27:41 pm »
Yes, l would leave your lo if not upset.  Also, I would not allow an 8 oclock nap....it will only start a new problem of early waking (been there!!)