Author Topic: Help!!!! Confused on feeding amounts  (Read 1160 times)

Offline shells

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 27, 2006, 11:35:00 am »
I hope someone can give me some advice on feeding my lo. She is now 6 months 1week and has been eating cereal for about a month. I have recently introduced veggies green beans and peas with her lunch and dinner. She was eating approx 2-3 tbs of cereal once or twice a day with no problem, but since I introduced veggies she doesn't seem interested in solids at all,she will only take a few spoon fulls. she just cut her two bottom teeth last week and I was wondering if that might be the problem. I was also told by my Dr. last week that she should be eating three meals a day. I am so confused when it comes to solids I hope someone can give me some advice.

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: Help!!!! Confused on feeding amounts
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:59:04 am »
My doc told me the same thing.  Said it is because DD is a flyweight.  (So is her mommy.  As was grandma)  Mine seems to prefer her foods with a bit of cereal added.  I think it might be a texture thing, which is a bit weird.  I thought she would prefer the really smooth stuff.   ::)  I came to the conclusion that we will let her eat what she wants for solids, but not push it at this time.  She also needs the formula.  Does that help any?  :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline shells

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 10:48:12 am »
Thanks alot for the advise. Last night I feed her dinner 2 hours after her bf and she ate everything so I think maybe in the morning and afternoon she may not be as hungry, I'm sure if she was she would eat. I'll try not to concentrate to much on the amounts as long as she takes alittle and is bf well I'm sure she won't starve.