Author Topic: Please help with A time  (Read 907 times)

Offline Claire Marie's mommy

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Please help with A time
« on: January 27, 2006, 12:32:55 pm »
Hi, We're having a problem with A time here.  DD is 9 mo. and was having problems with short naps, so I decided to lengthen A time.  She's always been a little behind in this area.  She was at 2  hours and 45 min before first nap and 3 hours before 2nd nap.  We read a story, swaddle (still), and then walk around the house for a few min unitl I see her yawn or rub eyes.  Then into her room, music, slow dance for a bit, then into crib.  Three days ago, I stretched her morning A time to 3 hours.  She yawned and gave me all the normal signs, so I put her down and walked out of the room.   She started talking to herself.  This lasted about 15 min. and then she started to whine, which lasted another 10.  She finally fell asleep, but only for 30 min.   This has happened for about half of our naps for the past 3 days!!!  Does this mean she needs more A time?  Is it possible that she needs it extended that much in such a short time, or does it mean she is overtired and I should go back to original times?  Sorry for all the questions.  I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jessica

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
Re: Please help with A time
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2006, 18:20:48 pm »
before you lengthened A times, was she having problems with short naps for both am and pm nap?  Sometimes at this age they get accustomed to a shorter am nap (45 min.-1 hour) and  longer pm nap.  Is this not the case?

Besides extending the A time by 15 minutes, are all other factors the same?
If so, a 30 minute sounds like she was overtired at the start of the nap.
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07