Author Topic: waking between 1-2 and won't settle for 2 hours!!!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
waking between 1-2 and won't settle for 2 hours!!!
« on: January 27, 2006, 15:19:33 pm »
So we FINALLY cut out the nightfeeding (7-7) for 2 nights now, but dd is still waking between 1-2 and won't settle for 2 hours, and not by herself. She'll cry (not really ever a super needy cry) I change her diaper which is usually really wet by then, then give her a little water and paci and try to leave, she'll get up and cry...sometimes she plays, and hangs out for up to 30 minutes, but then is up crying for me again. Finally after a max of 2 hours I go in help her down and she falls asleep.

What should I do differently. I know she can make it all night w/o food, maybe ot change her diaper? Water? Leaveher for longer if it's not a desperate cry?

TIA

Jo-FrasersMum

Re: waking between 1-2 and won't settle for 2 hours!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:11:08 am »
Hi Beata

Glad to hear your progress!  I guess that Cate is still learning how to get through the nights with out the feed - you said it's only been 2 nights?  I would try just helping her get back to sleep as quickly (and boringly  :)) as you can.  I probably wouldn't change the diaper if you don't have to  - that might be a little stimulating and might wake her up a bit more.  Perhaps she just needs to adjust to the lack of feed - it she is not getting fed and your are just a bit boring and functionally helping her get back to sleep, I'm guessing that she'll quickly decide that it's not worth waking up and calling out to you.

HTH
Good luck

Offline Beata

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
Re: waking between 1-2 and won't settle for 2 hours!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 15:06:47 pm »
Thankd fr the encouragement! Last night (night 3) she was back asleep in 1 hour, so that's definitely progress. I did not initially change her diaper, but after she was up a few times I just changed it and then she seemed to settle.

I'll update in a few days:)