Author Topic: naps in a big girl bed  (Read 1194 times)

Offline onemodestdiva

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
naps in a big girl bed
« on: January 27, 2006, 21:02:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

We are in our second day of transitioning between a crib and a big girl bed.  My DD is 18 ½ months old and I am expecting #2 as early as the beginning of March.

Night time has been pretty easy.  She is a active toddler and so long ago we started her sleeping without a nightlight because she would keep herself awake looking at things.  That means that bed time is not that different because she can't see the books and toys in her room. 

Nap time has been difficult.  What do you do?  the last couple of days I have fought the battle for 45-75 minutes (putting her back in bed) only to resort to putting her back in the crib. Then she only sleeps for 45 minutes instead of her normal 2 hour nap.  I tried laying down with her but we trained her not to need that so I only prove as one more distraction on top of her books.  I need to get her crib broken down soon because I want to make the association go away so that I can put it up for the new one in march. 

HELP!

I realize that I am just in the beginning and that it will get better but I am just unsure of how to go on. 

What worked/didn't work for you?

Thanks
Alisha
Alisha

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: naps in a big girl bed
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 19:02:40 pm »
Sorry, I have yet to make the transition to the big bed so I don't have any words of advice for you!  Hopefully someone with experience will be able to help you out.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com