Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 1875 times)

Offline annettet

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Thank You
« on: January 28, 2006, 21:06:09 pm »
Like many others here I discovered Tracey through her TV programme on Discovery Health whilst I was pregnant. I found her sensible approach very appealing as a first time mum I had no idea babies needed structure or even to nap during the day.

I read her first two books whilst pregnant and found myself thinking oh Im sure I will have angel baby who will sleep no problem etc but the reality was much different.  When I brought my beautiful son home from hospital Traceys books were a lifeline that I clung onto through the fog of sleepless nights and I constantly went back to them to seek advice night after night, day after day.  What a source of inspiration Tracey is, I was so saddened to hear of her death.  Through those first weeks of motherhood I often found myself thinking please help me Tracey I dont know what to do and just thinking that helped me.  I was able to take a step back and think what would Tracey do. 

My DS did not like to sleep but I made myself perserve with the shush pat for weeks and gradually it progressed from taking 1-2 hours some times to get him to sleep to now he knows when sleep time is and sometimes only takes 10 mins! WOW.  Thank you Tracey from the bottom of my heart you have helped me understand my touchy/grumpy/textbook/sensitive baby - I know now when he is tired.  I tell everyone how wonderful the books are and I dread to think what state we would be in now if we hadnt discovered you - your books are a fitting legacy I am sure they are helping thousands of mums like me figure it all out who without you would be lost.

Thank you thank you thank you and God Bless Annette and Dominic (19 weeks) xxxxx