Author Topic: Does this sound OK so far  (Read 1053 times)

Offline clare076

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:44:04 am »
After some very horrific days, I have really been working hard on keeping shelby on a 3 hour EASY. Just want some feedback as to whether what I am doing is ok so far. Shelby is 8 weeks old today

E - 6.00-6.20
A - 6.20-6.45
S - 6.45-9.15 (self settled)

E - 9.15-9.35
A - 9.35-10.20
S - 10.20-11.40 (ssh/pat for 5 mins)

E - 11.40-12.00
A - 12.00-12.50
S - 12.50 - still asleep (self settled, awoke after 15 mins. Rewrapped, self settled)

I am still trying to finish reading BW, but can someone give me some techniques on resettling / extending sleep times. Shelby was having 30 min catnaps and I have been ssh/pat as per book but cannot get her resettled most of the time. (anyone know where I can find it in the books)

Also, how long do you try to resettle before you accept they are not going back to sleep. Last night I was trying for over an hour, yes she did go to sleep but I was exhausted.

Usually Shelby catnaps all day, with the longest sleep being an hour, and wants to be rocked to sleep (our fault I know) so I feel I have made progress today.

Clare

Offline kq

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 12
  • Auckland, NZ
Re: Does this sound OK so far
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 05:58:28 am »
Hi Claire,
You seem to be doing great. I started EASY when ds was 8 weeks old and he took to it relatively quickly. I usually had to resettle or extend naps when he was overtired or I missed cues. Generally, I would shush/pat and Traci says in the book to try to resettle until the nap is due to end, ie next feed... I also found that if Sam was taking short naps ie 45 mins then I would have to extend his awake times slightly. From memory, ds could stay up between 1.25 and 1.5 hours at that age. Is you dd giving you sleepy cues before you put her to sleep. Sounds like she is getting the hang of self soothing. You are doing great and keep up the good work. If it all gets too much, try and work on one nap at a time and try to work to day sleep first as good day sleep begets good night sleep.
Sorry, I don't have my book handy so cannot give you exact pages.
HTH
Karen