Author Topic: 5 hour EASY???  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Critter

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 137
    • The Dallas 3 Day
5 hour EASY???
« on: January 29, 2006, 23:02:27 pm »
My son is 7 1/2 months old and lately he doesn't want his bottles every 4 hours.  When he does take them, he'll only take 3-4 oz, and it's usually a battle just to get him to take that much.  This afternoon I waited 5 hours to give him a bottle.  He wasn't fussy or acting hungry, so I just waited.  When he saw the bottle, he let me know he was definitely ready for it.  I am just wondering if it's an age thing and he's ready to go longer b/t bottles.

He generally takes 8oz at every bottle and has solids 3x per day.
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline ry,cait&alex

• Showing Appreciation 135
  • The Royal court
Re: 5 hour EASY???
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 23:46:10 pm »
Have you noticed this since he has been sick?  Cait wouldn't eat a lot because (my theory....)of all the drainage from her nose..it would "fill" up her tummy (yes, gross!) and therefore she just couldn't eat a lot.  Just my two cents worth.
b

Brandy-
Super Mommy to Ryan,Cait and Alex!!!!

Offline *Natasha*

• Showing Appreciation 223
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 23:51:56 pm »
My daughter was doing the same thing Eat all of her morning bottle 7oz then 11am feed not interested in struggled to get 3.5oz into her. However then she was staving by her 3pm bottle finishing the whole 7oz but then struggling again to drink her 6.30pm bottle. So we put her onto 5 hrs between bottles and increased the amount to 8.5oz and we found it alot better she almost always finishes the whole bottle. She is also on three sold meals a day and has an extra 2-3ozs mixed in with her solids.

Natasha proud Mum to:

My big princess Catherine 7/8/05
My little princess Mirelle 17/10/07

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 23:55:47 pm »
We're going back to the pediatrician tomorrow, so I am going to ask about it.  But, I am really thinking that it wouldn't hurt to move the feedings 5 hrs apart.  I don't doubt that all the drainiage might have something to do with it, but he did this a few times before RSV.  Of course, he did have an ear infection....sheesh...does it ever end?
God will give you exactly what you ask Him for, even if it's not in the package you expected it to be in.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Critter

• The Dallas 3 Day
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 02:30:35 am »
I asked and we've decided to drop his bottles to 6 oz instead of 8 so that he'll be ready for a feeding every 4 hours.  It seems to have worked.  We're also trying to drop the dream feed right now.  Oh man.

Luke 6-10-05
Clay 12-17-08

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 02:48:11 am »
Hey Amy....good luck with the DF - let us know how it goes  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom