Author Topic: Tummy sleeper  (Read 907 times)

Offline Emmy's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Tummy sleeper
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:35:17 am »
Hello,

My dd has become a tummy sleeper since she learnt how to roll - I know that this isn't recommended - but she is able to roll freely and can almost pull herself up. I wasn't too worried about it until a friend of mine informed me that she has read an article where a baby died from SIDS at 10 mths of age so now i'm quite concerned. Does anyone have any thoughts on this??
TIA

Annie :D
Em 13/6/2005
Aidan 11/1/2007

Offline jswerczek

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Re: Tummy sleeper
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 14:28:09 pm »
Hi Annie,
    I wouldn't be too concerned at this point. After 6 mo. of age, SIDS is decreased dramatically and once they are rolling and have a mind of their own :) it's hard to make a sleep a certain way. My little one is 7.5 mo. old and just recently started sleeping on his tummy. Not every night, but once in awhile. As long as your little one can push up on arms and even pull herself up like you mentioned, I wouldn't worry about her sleeping on her tummy. As for the article, I suppose it has happened with older babies, but it is rare.

Hope that helps!

Jennifer

Mom to Jake born June 16th, 2006
Jennifer

Mom to Jake born 6-16-05 and Julia born 8-29-07

Offline Emmy's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Tummy sleeper
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:11:32 am »
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply  :D - it's eased my mind a bit - like you said, they've got a mind of their own now and I'd hate to have to alter her preferred sleeping position (she'd be very verbal about it all!) Btw, my LO is only 3 days older than your's!  :)
Em 13/6/2005
Aidan 11/1/2007