Author Topic: Finally a small win...........  (Read 1003 times)

Offline sebas

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: January 31, 2006, 07:56:58 am »
Hi all

I just wanted to share a small win that I had today (although still have a long way to go...)

My 6 1/2 month old DS has always been a 20-30 min napper (except he does sleep for 1.5 hours after his 10am bottle) but every other nap before of after this is always a short one.  Today I decided that I would stay in his room for the duration of the nap so that I can catch the 20 min jolt.  I managed to catch him as he was moving around and put my hand on his back and he drifted off again, I still stayed in his room so that I could catch the 45 min jolt and to my surprise he didn't jolt.

Update: he just woke up it is now 3:50pm and he went down at 2:40pm, woohooo this is a first for him at this time!!

The only thing that I am wandering about now that I 'know how to do it' is how long will it take him to learn to continue to sleep past the 20 minutes?  I am committed to staying home the rest of the week or more to help him through it, so long as he learns to get past the darn 20 minutes.

thanks for  your help!

Offline LivvyLoosMom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 16:29:29 pm »
Congrats! I too am experiencing what I hope will be the first of my dd's longer naps! She is a short 30-min. napper too, but this morning I tried the same as you, caught the 30 min. jolt, she went back to sleep, jolted again, but I kept pressure on her & offered the paci when her mouth opened, and she's still sleeping. It's been nearly 1.5 hrs since she went down for a nap and this has NEVER happened before. I sure hope this isn't a fluke!!!  I can't imagine what life would be like if I had more than 30 minutes to myself a few times a day!

Offline Caroline-Charlies Mummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 315
  • Charles Arthur 23rd March 2005
    • Twitter
Re: Finally a small win...........
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 22:33:00 pm »
Well done lo (and you ;)).

It totally depends on your lo how long this will take, but I'd guess at a minimum of about 3 days, and it can take up to a couple of weeks. Keep at it, though, and it will pay off.

Keep us posted :)
Caroline :)

"Mama exhorted her children at every opportunity to 'jump at de sun.' We might not land on the sun, but at least we would get off the ground." -- Zora Neale Hurston