Author Topic: How long do you let your 2 year sleep for????  (Read 1289 times)

Offline janelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
How long do you let your 2 year sleep for????
« on: January 31, 2006, 08:00:33 am »
My dd is a champ at napping - most days :) and she goes down for bed at night no worries, quite enthusiastic about the whole process actually ::)  She has started waking earlier in the morning and I am just wondering if mayvbe she is sleeping too much during the day, because even with early wakings she still gets a heap of sleep.

Most days she will go down for a nap at 12:30 and then is up around 2:30 but some days like today she sleeps until 4:00 :o  Absolutely wonderful for me!!!  Hernight time sleep is going from 12-13 hours down to 10-11 hours when she has the early wakings.  Still a good amount I know but she has always slept more than the norm.

Do you think I should wake her when she has these long naps or just let her go for it and enjoy it while it lasts.  Do you think the early wakings are a result of too much day sleep???

Thanks ;D
Liana (6)- 9th January  2004
Liam (4) - 8th March 2006
and my beautiful new bub!

Offline Seona1973

• Showing Appreciation 21
Re: How long do you let your 2 year sleep for????
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 13:19:37 pm »
I normally let my dd have a maximum 2 hours nap mainly because she has her lunch after her nap and I dont want her eating her lunch too close to her dinner time!!  She has a nap from around 12.30pm and it can be anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours.  I would definitely think that at this age too much daytime sleep would interfere with the amount of nightime sleep.

Seona

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: How long do you let your 2 year sleep for????
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 14:15:28 pm »
I would probably wake her after 2.5 hrs.  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom