Author Topic: My 3-month old going through a growth spurt? Help!  (Read 1368 times)

Offline mkpecic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My 3-month old going through a growth spurt? Help!
« on: January 31, 2006, 16:40:06 pm »

My three month old has been a great night sleeper since she was two months old when she started sleeping 7 hours straight.  For the past three weeks she has been sleeping 9-10 hours straight.  She is formula feed and has been on the E.A.S.Y. routine since birth.  She has 5 feeds a day (gave up dream feed at 8 weeks b/c we could not wake her) and goes to sleep at 9:00 every night.  She has a nighttime routine of catnap, activity, bath, bottle, read her books, and she goes to bed.  We use a pacifier to calm her for sleep but she doesn't use it to fall asleep at night or during the day but she does need it to go back to sleep during the day sometimes.    She is always put down at night and for naps still awake and gets herself to sleep.  We were having trouble with naps that were too short and have been using the wake to sleep which has worked.   However, on Saturday and Sunday she had trouble getting back to sleep for her naps  and the next mornings she woke up at 5:30 a.m. instead of 6:30 or 7:00.   I tried to shush pat her back to sleep but ended up having to feed her at 6:15.  Yesterday I decided to try pushing her bedtime up to 8:30 so I could gradually get it to 7:30.  But she did something she hasn't done since she was 7 weeks old.  She got up at 11:45 p.m.  My husband and I tried to put her back to sleep with sh-pat but eventually fed her.  She took 4 ozs.  She then woke at 6 a.m.  I figured she is going through a growth spurt and that I would need to feed her more in each bottle but she won't always take it.  She drank 5 1/2 ozs. this morning but would only take 3 ozs. at her second feed.  I am worried that her night feeding will be too early.  She is used to having her last feed of the night around 8 p.m. If she stays on a 3, 3 1/2 hour routine today the latest she would probably feed is 7:30 p.m.  Is that okay?  If she wakes between 10-11 p.m. I am assuming I should give her a dream feed?  Do you think that's right?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kate

Offline mkpecic

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: My 3-month old going through a growth spurt? Help!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 14:25:11 pm »
Thanks for the reply Stacy.  I tried to get on yesterday but I couldn't access the website.  Anyway, Molly went back to sleeping through the night on Tuesday but this morning woke at 4:45 a.m.  I tried to get her back to sleep but she would have none of it.  I ended up feeding her and she took 5 ozs.  She then went back to sleep until 8:15 a.m. so that was great.  I did try the cluster feeding on Tuesday night but she is not good with that.  She took the same amount she would take in one feed in two that were two hours apart. 
When your son did this you did the cluster feeding and then he didn't wake up early anymore?  Today Molly will have 6 feeds instead of 5 so maybe that will do the trick.

Kate