Author Topic: DILEMMA: E.A.S. order OR feed on time  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Christa

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 50
DILEMMA: E.A.S. order OR feed on time
« on: January 31, 2006, 20:12:33 pm »
Hi All,

I am trying to start an EASY schedule with my 4 mo. old ds.

My dilemma so far is that my ds will NOT eat when he first wakes up (at 7). He's just too excited and wants to start the day... he actually squeals with delight when I walk into his room and he just wants to go, no sitting and eating.

By 8:30 he's hungry and so I feed him and then he falls asleep shortly after.... creating a A.E.S. pattern.

He wakes up at around 10, and then I don't know what to do... I could feed him and try to establish the E.A.S. pattern, but this would mean that it had been only 1.5 hours since he ate last and everyone says he should be on a 3 hour feeding cycle...OR... I could wait until it's been 3 hours and feed him at 11:30, but then the A.E.S pattern is still there.

I don't know which to do or how to ease him into the 3 hour cycle AND E.A.S. pattern.

Help!

Christa

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: DILEMMA: E.A.S. order OR feed on time
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 03:06:11 am »
Hi Christa!! (always notice your posts as that's my sister's name, same spelling  ;)  )

Is he able to put himself to sleep independently?  Even if he doesn't, it's ok to feed before a nap, as long as he is put down awake.  Also, have you tried feeding him at say 7:30..giving him a little time to "wake up and enjoy the morning"  ;)?  How much does he take?  Zoe was never a big breakfast eater.  She could easily down 6-8 ounces but I was happy to get 4 into her in the mornings...

It's always ok to tweak EASY...and unless you have full blown angel/text book babies it will probably happen a lot.  :)  EASY is to help promote independent sleep, avoid overfeeding and help you read cues.

:)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Christa

• Showing Appreciation 50
Re: DILEMMA: E.A.S. order OR feed on time
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 03:16:55 am »
Hi Noelle,

;) it is a bit of an unusual name, and it is for sure the less common spelling... I've met several Krista's in my life, but only like 3 Christa's.

He is pretty good about going to sleep on his own. For his other naps, I put him in his crib still awake, after reading a story or just sitting with him for a while. Although, I have to admit, if he falls asleep during that 8:30 feed, I do just lay him down as its such a relief as he's so active in the morning and I am NOT a morning person.

I'll try your idea about feeding him at 7:30 tomorrow and then keeping him up for a bit after, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure how much he takes as I'm BF, but he only sucks for a minute, two max, and then throws himself backward.