Author Topic: stopped sleeping through the night  (Read 1342 times)

Offline cy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 31, 2006, 22:10:36 pm »
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME !!!!!
My 6 month old has started waking through the night this has been happening for over a week now he can wake up 4-5 times!
He's been sleeping right through from 4 months from 7pm til 7 am and all of a sudden he's started waking.
I haven't changed his routine through the day or anything new, i've tried dream feeds but he only takes 2 ounces so i know he's not hungry, the temperature in the room is fine and he,s not in pain, and it's different times every night but always min of 4 times waking anything from midnight til 5 when he rolls over and pulls himself up in the cot although he's quick to settle down at 5am he wants to get up and screams when i lie him back down.
I have asked the health visitor for advice but she said it could be someone snoring or moving thats waking him but he's been in our room since birth.
I'm completely out of ideas please help me .

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: stopped sleeping through the night
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 00:43:47 am »
What does his daily schedule look like?  Maybe we can figure something out from that.    :)
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline cy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:29:46 am »
This is his routine at min,
6.30-7.00 am  wakes up
7.00  has breakfast
9.00 down for nap for 1hr 30
11.00 5oz bottle any more than that and he's sick
11.00 til 1.00 activity plays happily
1.00 lunch
2.00 nap 1hr 30
3.30 bottle 5oz
6.00 dinner with pudding
7.00 5oz bottle
7.30 bed
Which it all goes horrible wrong CJ babbles to himself and if dummy falls out he just uses his thumb to put himself to sleep, but always seems to wake after midnight.

Offline cy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 10:36:07 am »
Sorry forgot to add his 40 min nap about 4.30  :)

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Re: stopped sleeping through the night
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 14:06:21 pm »
Heya!

What's he doing when he wakes at night? Does he start screaming? Or does he coo and talk to himself loudly? My 9 month old has been doing some night waking for the last few weeks, mostly around 3-4 am because she's been sick. It became a habit, so she's been doing it every night or every other night since. What we've been doing is simple...ignoring it. Unless she starts screaming or starting to get really upset, that's what you sort of have to do, otherwise the problem just compounds itself. Otherwise, if it's screaming or getting really upset, then you go in, try and calm while he's in the crib using pat/shh or whatever variation you use, and then leave when he seems like he's ready to drift  back to sleep. With our lo it only takes a min or two...then she goes right back to talking to herself rather loudly :P Eventually she does go back to sleep...sometimes it takes an hour, sometimes it takes 15 mins or so. I know eventually things will get back to normal, but in my opinion it can't come too soon!

That's the best advice I can offer...I know it's not much, but I hope it helps!

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline cy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 16:42:03 pm »
Hi Sonya
when he wakes the first time he starts trying to roll over so i roll him back and put his dummy in and he goes off really quickly, but the other 2 times he'll wake crying and i put his dummy in again but takes a while to settle him but then comes the dreaded 5 am where he rolls over and pulls himself on the bars and goes mental when i lie him back down this takes the longest to settle.
I have tried just leaving him but he wakes himself up crying and it takes about 5 Min's to settle and calm him down.
At first i thought it was his dummy but he falls asleep at night alot of the time with out it and before this started he never bothered at all when his dummy fell out and he only has his dummy for bed .
Someone at mother and parent has recommended i try rolled oats and cows milk for porridge instead of baby porridge because it will take his body alot longer to digest so i'm going to give it a go i'm desperate now so will try anything before he gets really used to waking in the night. :)

Offline cy

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 09:54:41 am »
Ok guys noticed something last night he woke up 12.00 and went back to sleep himself then he woke at 3.40 and cried for ages so i went input dummy in and left him but then he woke up at 4.20 really crying i went in and could hear his tummy rumbling so i gave him a 6oz bottle which vanished before my eyes.
So now it has finally developed that this is a food issue any suggestions for food to fill him up through the night, i have already tried dream feeding but he still wakes so i think the milk is no way near enough to get him through the night.
Any ideas would be really really appreciated.
Thanks extremely tired mum xxx  ???   :-[