Author Topic: Growth Spurts??  (Read 928 times)

2ppsinapod

Growth Spurts??
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:59:31 am »
How do you know when your baby is going through a growth spurt.  My preemie twin boys just turned 4 months.  Kyle is 10lbs 3oz and Raymond is 11lbs 5oz.  They slept nicely through the night for the last 4 nights. Today I switched from the 3 hour Easy schedule to the 4 hour EASY schedule. They were going to bed at 7pm and I would do the dream feed at 11 and they were sleeping from the 11pm dream feed to 7/730 am. Kyle woke up this morning at 3am with hunger crys.  I fed him 5oz and he went back to sleep.  I don't want to start a bad habit.  Should I be feeding him a tank feed at 9pm as well. If so how do you know when to stop or start this?  They are eating 6oz bottles during the day although Kyle is a spitter.

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Growth Spurts??
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 22:42:32 pm »
well, there is a 3-month growth spurt, so if they were close to a month early they could be hitting that right about now.  would definitely recommend a cluster feed in that case to help them tank up on the extra calories.   

also, when you switched to 4-hr EASY, did you adjust their bottles so they got the same amount of milk overall?  (know you probably did, but i know it's one of those things that might not have occured to me either!!)

HTH  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy