Author Topic: Lack of Sleep  (Read 954 times)

Offline connorsarah

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 01, 2006, 11:56:36 am »
Hi, can anyone help my little boy is 2 years and 3 months old he has never been a good sleeper, but lately he is getting worse at xmas time we moved him into his bed accepted this no problem, I have been trying the withdrawal method, i am near the door he is taking about 20Min's to go to sleep initially about 8pm the first night he woke at 12.30pm stayed awake for 3.5hours then eventually slept, woke about 7am, last night same time to bed took about 45Min's then woke at 2.30am (10Min's back to sleep) then 3.30am (10Min's back to sleep) then 4.30 gave in bought him into our bed i know wrong thing to do but had to work today, is it worth me persisting with what i am doing someone has recommended trying phenergan for seven days, any advise more than wellcome.

Offline ella&jack'smum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 54
Re: Lack of Sleep
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 12:01:52 pm »
Hi - sorry, only got a second. Firstly, big hugs to you!!! When these things crop up it's awful isn't it?
I had a similar problem with my 3 yr old - haven't worked out how to put on a link to my post, but you'll see it on page 2 of this forum - 'I can't go on like this much longer'. I got some really good advice on it, and you can see from my last post that we cracked it within a week - might be worth a go.

Hope it helps - let us know how you get on
Sue

Ella Rose 07/09/02
Jack Rowan 15/03/04
Stratford upon Avon, England

Offline connorsarah

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 13:24:27 pm »
Hi thanks for the advice read your article, might try walk in/walk out next week if withdrawal doesn't get any better