Author Topic: Help for 4.5 month... new to EASY  (Read 1061 times)

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Help for 4.5 month... new to EASY
« on: February 01, 2006, 15:06:51 pm »
Hi there,

I'm writing this on behalf of a friend who I suggested to try BW to help her lo.

She has gotten her lo onto EASY and everythign is going pretty well.  He was a snacker, but now he is on about a 3 hr EASY. She follows his cues and doesn't rely on a "bed time". 

Now here's her problem.  The lo wakes up every 2 hours at night.  She doesn't know how to resettle him.  He refuses a paci a lot of the time, but when she can get him to take it, he usually drifts back off to sleep.  I suggested she put gripe water or a drop of his vitamin D on it to help him initially suck on it.  I hope that that is ok advice.  She uses pu/pd to help put him back down.

Now here's her concern....  her little one has bad eczema.  Really bad and it's being treated with steroid cream and anitbiotics.  She has to keep socks on his hands because once he learned to control them he scratched his face so bad that it became raw.  She thinks that some of his waking may be due to him being itchy.....  which it truly could be.  She does swaddle him, but she thinks that he wakes from the itch.

Can you please advise? 

Thanks,
Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline violet41

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Help for 4.5 month... new to EASY
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 23:33:55 pm »
Hi, my niece and nephew (now about 18 months and 5 years old respectively) both had bad eczema from very early on - about two weeks I think - and they had the same problems with sleep.  What helped their poor mum was getting in touch with allergy and eczema support groups, as they offer lots of advice on how to help affected babies and children deal with the constant itching.  If your friend hasn't done so already, she should get her baby allergy-tested too.