Author Topic: 30 minute nap and happy as a lark..  (Read 890 times)

Offline kiras_mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Mommy to Kira Ann - 10/4/05
    • GotSwap.com - a place for scrapbookers
30 minute nap and happy as a lark..
« on: February 01, 2006, 16:00:25 pm »
Hello there. I have a LO who is on a pretty good 4 hour EASY schedule and sleeping through the night (most of the time).. but my question is.. NAPS!! (UGH!!) I will do a wind down routine and she wil then fall asleep herself and go in to a deep sleep.. then no matter what I do (unless I am holding her) she wakes up almost like clockwork 30-35 minutes latter, almost always with a smile on her face and then a giggle or two.. I can tell that she is still tired, but she rarely fusses / cires. So what do I do.. do I just leave her to play in her bed by herself for a bit until it is time to get up and eat or what.. If she does cry, I do PU/PD until it is time.. But I can't seem to get her to nap any longer... any suggestions... (If I hold her during naps, which I am not doing anymore, she will sleep for aobut 2 hours...)

Thanks so much...  :)
Mommy for the very first time and loving every moment of it!!

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
Re: 30 minute nap and happy as a lark..
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 04:52:20 am »
Hi there!
Please post your routine so I can get a better idea of what her day looks like.  Also include her winddown. 
How long has she been doing the short naps, and how long ago have you stopped holding her for naps?  I just wonder if for now she is happy, but after a while of short naps they make take their toll on her.
Quote (selected)
do I just leave her to play in her bed by herself for a bit until it is time to get up and eat or what
For the time being you can just try leaving her in her crib as long as she seems content.  She may surprise you and fall back asleep, or if not, at least she is getting quiet down time while she is supposed to be napping.
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07