Author Topic: Returned to waking every 2 hours at night  (Read 947 times)

Offline EASYconfusedMom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Returned to waking every 2 hours at night
« on: February 01, 2006, 16:29:37 pm »
Help!  I have been working fervently on getting my LO onto EASY, specifically extending her naps, but also getting her to eat solids.  Now her nights have gotten worse again, and I can't keep up the nap training on such little night sleep!  I just don't know where that magic button is that makes it all fall into place together ???

I had managed to get her to bed time schedule sorted out to the point that she was going to bed at 8pm, getting a dream feed around 11pm, then she would wake around 3am & 4 am to feed, and sleep through to 7-8am.  I could handle this, because it was more sleep than I had been getting, and I knew that trying to get rid of that 3 am feed before she was on well on her solids was pointless.  Now that she is getting a decent amount of food (at least I hope so) I don't understand why we have moved back to the 2 hour waking wanting to feed routine.  Granted this didn't happen over night, and I'm sure some AP played a part in it, but I need some direction for where to start making corrections again.  Here is her current schedule:

7am wake & BF (she isn't always hungary though!)
8am oatmeal & fruit (just started this today)
9am 1st nap
10:30 wake
11:00 fruit or veggie lunch followed by BF
1:00 2nd nap
3:30 wake & BF
5:00 3rd nap (generally 45 mins, sometime longer if previous naps were short)
~6:00 fruit or veggie dinner
7:00 BF
7:30 - 8:00 bedtime (she sometimes goes 3 hours in the evening)

Then, we have:
9:30 - 10:00 wake, trying susshing to sleep, sometimes do DF if closer to 10
then starting around 12:30am, she wake approximately every 2 hours wanting to feed.  If I put her back to sleep without feeding, she will wake up half an hour later.

If this needs to be on the Eating Board instead, that is fine, I just want some help! :'(

Jennifer (& Ashleigh)

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
Re: Returned to waking every 2 hours at night
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 22:58:28 pm »
hi,

regarding the night waking to feed, this post by Leah's Mom is definitely worth a read.  i think it will help you a lot:
https://babywhispererforums.com/index.php/topic,46907.0.html

general thoughts to consider or disregard at will:
- i'd keep the bf at 11am, but try & feed solids closer to noon.  if he is eating breakfast at 8am, that should work out okay.
- maybe try moving the pm nap to 1:30?  you'd have to feel out that one knowing your lo, but going down a little later will get him up a little later
- work on dropping the catnap, with hopes of having it gone in the next month

hopefully this gives you a good place to start.   :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline EASYconfusedMom

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Returned to waking every 2 hours at night
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 01:10:13 am »
Thanks for directing me to that post, and for your suggestions.  I was just too frazzled to hunt for other postings.  LO is BF, and is a hoover (a full feed takes no more than 5 mins!) so decreasing time will be tricky, but the tip about taking them off as soon as the suck is weak was great.  I was doing the opposite, in the hopes that she would be more full and go for a longer stretch.