Author Topic: How do you know which teat?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline small1

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
How do you know which teat?
« on: February 02, 2006, 15:22:41 pm »
Sorry, a very basic question.  My lo is 6 mths and just moved to bottles, how do I know which teat to use (e.g. with 1 - 4 holes in)?

Thanks
Ali

Offline suca

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 4
  • ~Suz~
Re: How do you know which teat?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 17:03:21 pm »
its just trial and error..when DS started getting frusted with the lenght of time it was taking I moved him up one, if they can't handle the size then they will get the milk to fast and start gagging!. Have you tried the vari flow ones?, you can then adjust the setting I found them really usefull

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 20:49:26 pm »
I agree...trial and error.  I think at her age, it would probably be on the 3-4 hole..though just a guess.  I used playtex bottles so my choice was always slow, medium or fast.  Both of my kiddos were on the fast one at 6 months.  HTH  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline GabrielleD

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • Maryland, USA
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 22:20:41 pm »
Noelle,

Where did you get the medium nipples for the Playtex nursers? Target only carries slow, fast, and tri-cut nipples. I'd love to switch DS to a medium nipple but have not seen those in the stores.

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 22:53:17 pm »
Hmmm...I'm pretty sure it was Target.  But....I had bought some when John was born (in 2002) that I hadn't opened.  I know there is a different design of Playtex nursers now (I used the old ones still with Zoe)..maybe they don't do the medium anymore?  How strange!! I'll look the next time I go though  ;)

I also would poke a toothpick through some of my slow nipples to make them a little bigger.  Too cheap to buy new nipples  :-[

Ohhh another thought...mine were the silicone nipples?  Not sure what the "orange" nipples are called but maybe they don't come in medium?
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom