Author Topic: Nursery Rhyme CDs  (Read 1543 times)

Offline lisi's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 155
Nursery Rhyme CDs
« on: February 02, 2006, 15:52:35 pm »
Can anyone recommend a nursery rhyme CD? I remember lots of words but not so many tunes! I'm after something with interesting arrangements - a CD I can enjoy listening to too. Any tips?

Katie
Katie

Offline maggieruth

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 251
Re: Nursery Rhyme CDs
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 21:23:30 pm »
personally, i love the albums i remember from my childhood so i had my mom buy me Raffi! i think that looking for stuff that YOU loved as a child (or seeing if you can find old albums and have them formatted for cd) is the best!

also, language tapes are great, i don't mean talking ones but ones with song... i think that they are fab for widening your babe's horizons and experience of sounds!

Offline Carys' mom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:04:34 am »
Hi,

We just bought CDs of Disney Records Children's Favorite Songs (Volumes 1 through 4) off of eBay (you can find it on Amazon.com and listen to sample tracks too). All of the classic nursery rhymes from when I was a kid are on these CDs, plus they're not annoying to listen to.  ;D

Melanie
Melanie
Mom to Carys Elizabeth (2/15/05) and Joshua August (8/16/07)

Offline jessica5

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 01:14:55 am »
I recommend the Wee Sing series.  There's one called Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies that has all of the traditional nursery rhymes.  It also comes with a song book and cassette.  There are several CD/cassette/music books in the series and they're all great.  They're sung by children.  My daughter loves them and insists on listening to Wee Sing every time we're in the car.   I think they cost about $15 each.
Jessica
mom to an Angel/Textbook Toddler & Spirited Baby

Offline Queen Mother

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2006, 03:14:45 am »
My 9-month-old really loves the Sesame Street ABC cd.  There's a song for every letter of the alphabet, and all the characters take turns singing.  We also have a Veggie Tales cd that says the baby's name throughout, and he loves that, too.