Author Topic: My almost 2 1/2 year old has been a fab sleeper until now!  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Kim1144

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
My almost 2 1/2 year old has been a fab sleeper until now!
« on: February 03, 2006, 16:22:24 pm »
From being a couple of months old I have followed PU/PD technique and bedtime has always been a joy.  She was moved into her "big girl bed" about 2/3 months ago and surprisingly never tried to get up!  Now that's all changed.  Over the last week or so she's been up and down before finally settling - the time before settling is gradually getting longer - 2 hours last night!  I've tried just taking her by the hand saying "Bedtime" and putting her back to bed - but no luck.  She's also started waking through the night - although as soon as put back to bed going straight back to sleep without any problem.  Also waking earlier than usual 7.00 am - but think have that sorted out with Baby Whisperer technique of waking her earlier than usual and then telling her it's still sleep time.

Only thngs that have changed recently is she was potty trained just before Christmas, and she's aware that she'll be getting a new baby brother or sister soon.

Any suggestions.  Thanks.

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: My almost 2 1/2 year old has been a fab sleeper until now!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 00:59:33 am »
I haven't yet dealt with the transition to a big bed myself but know many others that have.  There always seems to be some regression a couple months after the fact.  I think what has worked for alot of people is ust returning them to bed over an over with no talking or eye contact.  Have you tried putting a baby gate at the doorway?  Does she get upset when she gets up?
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Kim1144

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: My almost 2 1/2 year old has been a fab sleeper until now!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 22:32:02 pm »
Have tried the gate.  Success.  She cried for about a minute then put herself back to bed!  Thanks.