Author Topic: 1st birthday suggestions, please!  (Read 2519 times)

Offline vmcdonald28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
1st birthday suggestions, please!
« on: January 25, 2006, 18:01:50 pm »
any good ideas for a boy's 1st birthday party? More adults than kids will be there. Baby obv wont know what's going on, but we want lotsa of nice photos, and a day for the older kids to enjoy (and the adults!).

Ideas for themes/games/ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline Chantel03

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 25
Re: 1st birthday suggestions, please!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 18:32:05 pm »
For T's first we did Nemo.  It was outside, and we just had cake, chips dip, and easy stuff.  We also only had it for a few hours, cus I didn't want T to get crabby.  We really just ate, took pics, opened gifts, and then the kids played a little bit.  Then it was like see ya.  The night before we took T out to eat at the Olive Garden too. 
Tanner- My active, fun loving 4yr old.
Kaitlyn- My new baby girl.

Offline vmcdonald28

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 13:24:21 pm »
Wow! Thanks so much for your help. Chantel03, We were already thinking of a Finding Nemo theme, and I think thats what we'll do. Thanks for the ideas.
Galaxie81, The web links you gave me were a big help in finding wee extra ideas to fit in with that. Many thanks.

Offline themarlatts

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 05:28:18 am »
Just went to one a couple of weeks ago and my friend had the cutest game for adults.  She put up 12 pictures of her LO, one from every month, and lettered them.  She put out paper and pens and you had to put them in order from birth to 1 year.  The winner got a kiss from the birthday girl!!!  We had fun and it was a great way to see how much she had grown!

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 16:12:30 pm »
She put out paper and pens and you had to put them in order from birth to 1 year.  The winner got a kiss from the birthday girl!!!

What a cute idea!!  I'm going to have to borrow this idea, though, my sister would probably have an advantage over everyone else as she's the paparazzi aunt that takes many of the photos.  ;-)

Galaxy, seems you are the go-to person for child-related resources!  I guess it also helps that you work with these little people.  ;)
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna