Author Topic: Mc Donalds fries  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Mc Donalds fries
« on: February 04, 2006, 03:12:47 am »
They now have milk in them ???  To my knowledge they didn't before but I checked today and they do now. >:(  Just wanted everyone to know who didn't already.
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

Re: Mc Donalds fries
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 03:37:53 am »
Ah bummer!  Apparently they're ok for gluten-free - so they better not mess with that too!

mommytsa

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 04:44:10 am »
Oh that makes me SOOO mad!!!  DS had a reaction to them so I checked their website ingredients list like 2 weeks ago and it wasn't on there.  I started to freak out thinking he was allergic to something else that I couldn't identify.  I even took him to the dr because it seemed so weird to me that he was reacting to something that didn't have dairy in it.  So I copied down the ingredients from the website to see if the dr could spot the "other allergen".
I kept it saved on the the computer, so thought I'd post it here.

Just to compare:  Here is what the ingredient list was on January 23.
 French Fries
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil).

Here is what it says today (February 3):
 French Fries:
Potatoes, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, natural flavor (beef, wheat and dairy sources), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (to preserve natural color). Breading set in vegetable oil. Cooked in partially hydrogenated vegetable oils (may contain partially hydrogenated soybean oil and/or partially hydrogenated corn oil and/or partially hydrogenated canola oil and/or cottonseed oil and/or sunflower oil and/or corn oil). Contains wheat and milk ingredients.

I don't think it's a new "recipe" as DS reacted to the fries we gave him on Jan 22.  Thank goodness there are new labeling requirements going into effect!!!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 04:57:29 am by mommytsa »

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 13:14:32 pm »
hmm.. I've never seen milk on the ingredience list, I am a manager at the local McDonalds. I'll have to look into that.
As for ingredience, in case no one knows, The fries are soaked in suger water, and then sprinkled with beef flavoring before they are froozen to give them that special flavor.

I'll ask about the milk thing. I wonder if it depends where you are...
Kimberly

Offline Duckie

• Showing Appreciation 183
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2006, 13:24:34 pm »
I showed this post to dh (he of the wheat allergy) and he says this totally makes sense because he doesn't feel well after eating the fries.
Mother Duck to A (June/01), J (April/06), my sleeping S (2/Dec/03) and my nameless angels (1/July/04; 2/Nov/04; 13/July/05)

Offline Jenn©

• Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2006, 13:39:36 pm »
No fair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      >:(    Yes, they are bad for you anyway, but a kid has to eat junk at least once or twice a year.  I wonder what other surprises will come up with the new labels.  Maybe we should start a list.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

mommytsa

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2006, 15:55:21 pm »
I know that it's still not good for them, but the burger king french fries are still ok (for the dairy anyway, I don't know about anything else).  They pass both the ingredients list test and the no-reaction test on my little guy, who seems to be pretty sensitive to dairy.

Nikki~Nathanamp;Danielle

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 18:06:16 pm »
Grrrrr on the wheat!!! >:(

Offline preston,parker&peytonsmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 03:37:44 am »
Crap!!!!!!!! I was so afraid that was what this post was going to say.  Hate to admit it, but we eat McDonald's way too much.  She'll die if I tell her she can't have fries from McD's anymore.
Kelly
     &
my 3 darlings-
Peyton (7-20-01), Parker (7-18-03) and Preston (3-22-06)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 02:38:53 am »
Wendy's fries seem to be okay Kelly. Stinks dosen't it!!
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline preston,parker&peytonsmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 27
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 02:40:21 am »
Unfortunately, my kids never choose Wendy's over McDonalds . . . Imagine that!!! ::)
Kelly
     &
my 3 darlings-
Peyton (7-20-01), Parker (7-18-03) and Preston (3-22-06)

happy mommy

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 03:23:25 am »
This is a litte of the subject of fries, but recently I bought a brand of turkey lunchmeat that had milk, of all things, in it!!!

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 03:45:03 am »
yum i love fries but rarely have them, dd loves them too

Offline tinytatsmom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
  • I am working hard!!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2006, 03:42:23 am »
I recently read in my local newspaper that there was a group of celiacs suing Mcdonald's b/c they do have wheat and milk on their fries to give them a better flavor.  I think that it was in the US but I am not sure.  It is pretty serious for celiacs to have wheat so it would make sense that they would want to sue.  Their fries taste so good but no wonder as a lactose intolerant person that I sometimes have problems after eating there.  Just a little food for thought.
tinytatsmom