Author Topic: Frustrated, how do I fit EASY into "real" life????  (Read 1112 times)

Offline luvmykidsjaj

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My sweet miracle boy
Frustrated, how do I fit EASY into "real" life????
« on: February 06, 2006, 01:33:36 am »
I'm so frustrated trying to get my 5 week old ds on EASY. My husband and I have a 7 year old ds and a 4 year old dd as well as our new lo. During the week my lo and I spend our days taking my ds and dd back and forth to school so it is difficult to get through all the stages, allowing the time needed, and allowing my lo to try and get to sleep on his own in his own bed. Then on the weekends when everyone is home it is tough because the noise level rises making nap times tougher and our family schedule is more busy with errands and outings.

My poor lo has only been able to cat nap today because we've been haing a winter storm so everyone has been inside with a bit of cabin fever! He is now completely exhausted so who know how our night will go.  :-\

I know I'm pretty tired myself, but my frustration comes from not knowing how to put EASY in place for my lo with the busy demands of family life. ???

Any help would be great 

Thanks,
Kim
Kim
Proud Mommy to Josiah 12/31/05
                          Anna   06/19/01
                          Joshua 01/25/99
                         3 angels '97/'02/'03

Offline HeatherC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
Re: Frustrated, how do I fit EASY into "real" life????
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:15:36 am »
For me, EASY's main purpose is to help you learn and thus be able to read your babies cues for hunger, tiredness, and other concerns.  Also, it is a method to prevent your lo from becoming dependent on a prop (breast or bottle mainly) as a means to fall asleep.  By having your lo eat, play, and then sleep, he will not form an association of eating to sleep.  Furthermore, by having a routine, your days will eventually become more predictable thus making it easier for you to schedule events.  I understand that you are frustrated right now, and duely so.  You have a lot going on right now, and a 5 wo baby requires much from you.  EASY will gently fall into place more so as the next few months pass.  Right now, I'd say adjust it to fit you and your families' needs.  Only you know what will work for your family.  But know that the BW community is here to support you and help guide you through the rough spots, and celebrate with you the wonderful moments I know you are sure to enjoy.  Best wishes, and congrats on your new baby!   :)
Kelsey, Feb. 4, 2005
Landon, Jan. 2, 2007

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: Frustrated, how do I fit EASY into "real" life????
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 02:21:50 am »
i agree with the above post, congratulations and enjoy this time