Author Topic: Sleep question  (Read 1070 times)

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Sleep question
« on: February 06, 2006, 02:21:28 am »
My 13 month old son wakes up at 6am and takes his nap from 9:45-11:45.  He then wont go to sleep in the afternoon no matter what time I try.  I usually try and put him down at 2:30 or 3:00.  I stay and do the Put down method but he laughs now and actually crawls to the crib railing opposite me and looks back and smiles like he knows I'm going to put him back down.  I try leaving and he ends up playing the whole time with intermittant crying.  So I take him out and we continue with the day.  He goes to bed at 6:50-7 pm.  IS this my lo's way of telling me he is through with two naps or should I keep trying.  I mean how long can a little guy his age stay up?

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: Sleep question
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 02:26:06 am »
well well, it sound like ds is go to only do one nap, my dd did a similar thing but it didn't last, how long has ds been doing this? my dd did two some days and one others, she only does one now and i love it in a way, we can do so many more things, good luck with what ever happens, i would be interested in reading other replies

Offline velvet

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 02:45:59 am »
He's been doing this for about 2 weeks - but I agree with you - sometimes he does take 2 naps and other times he takes 1.  Just recently it's been one nap for what seems like a long time.  It's great for when we go out in the afternoon.  But, when we stay home all day, 11:45 to 6:50 can be hard.

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 03:45:29 am »
if he is only doing the one nap, could you try and put him down a little later, you might need to entertain a fair bit, when dd went from 2 to 1 nap we had a difficult time for about a month, she still wanted to nap at 11.30, it made the lunch thing difficult too, i gave fruit or yogurt before nap and balance after, now for the last month she is not going down until 12.30-1.00 so we do lunch midday and things are great, i am no expert, i read alto of other post, good luck to you, D's might even go back to 2 sleeps, I've heard a lot of babies drop the second sleep at about 13 to 14 months,