Author Topic: food storage  (Read 1365 times)

Offline caitlinmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
food storage
« on: February 06, 2006, 13:10:34 pm »
i am not sure if this is the right message board for me cause my little girl isn't so much a toddler anymore...she's turning 4 in may.

for 2 weeks i have been having problems with caitlin eating anywhere. the moment it's meal time the first few bites she would chew quickly and swallow and after that she would keep the food in her mouth for as 5-10 mins. if i ask her to chew her food, she would for a second and stop again. i am not sure why she does this but it really frustrates me and i am not sure what else to do.

sometimes we play games at the table, but i don't want to encourage that too oftem and some days she does very well eating less than an hour instead of 2.

if anyone knows of any suggestions...please let me know...as i want to feel more at ease at the dining table

thanks....

Offline Poppy & Lily

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 79
  • UK
Re: food storage
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 20:33:12 pm »
mmmm i have no experience of this myself, but could ignoring her perhaps do the trick??? children do LOVE to test their parents patience ::) i would perhaps just ignore her when she does it and if she doesn't want to eat then thats fine! sorry have no great advice for you hopefully someone else will have  better suggestion! :) :)
Poppy-lilys mum

http://b1.lilypie.com/rkqp0/.png[/img][/url]

Offline Sylvia.

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 232
Re: food storage
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 03:47:03 am »
just wondered how things are going?