Author Topic: New to Dream feeding  (Read 1127 times)

Offline rianasmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: February 06, 2006, 13:48:02 pm »
Hi,
I am new to this board. My 4.5 month old just started waking around 2AM to eat and again at 5-5:30. I've been browsing this site and wanted to try dream feeding. Last night, she went to bed at 7:30 and I fed her at 10:30. It didn't make any difference. She still woke at 1:50 and 5:30 to eat. Is this supposed to take some time or should it have worked right away? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Offline JennŠ

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 513
  • Whispering since 2005. :)
Re: New to Dream feeding
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 03:50:22 am »
It can take a few days to work the kinks out.  Keep at it.  Would she accept a bit more in each bottle during the day?  It might help with the night wakings.
 When you're soaring through the air, I'll be your solid ground.  Take every chance you dare.  I'll still be there when you come back down.

Offline victoria1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 18:49:34 pm »
When I started the df with my 3 month old dd it took about 3 nights before I noticed a difference! She went from getting up two times during the night to once and that once a night feeding is getting longer and longer in fact last night she went to bed @ 8:30pm I  gave her dream feed @11pm and she didn't wake up until 6:15am.....this is a record for her! We have only been giving df for about 1.5weeks. Also the other thing I found helped is by trying to increase the amount she eats slightly at each feed during the day. On the days where she doesn't eat what she should at her regular feeding times I do a cluster feed that night as well as df and that really seems to work for us!!! Best of luck!! Just hang in there as it should eventually pay off!

Offline rianasmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 03:06:12 am »
Do you burp the baby after dreamfeeding? I am paranoid about putting her down without burping for fear she will spit up.

Offline victoria1

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 05:34:38 am »
I know in the book Tracy says not to but I do tend to burp her very gently but so far she hasn't burped yet after the df.....so I am not sure! I felt the same way you did I was worried about laying her down w/out burping.