Author Topic: Reflux, alergy, sth else... please help...  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Ewa_Jakub

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Reflux, alergy, sth else... please help...
« on: February 06, 2006, 16:07:45 pm »
Hi,

I am mother of 6years old Adam and 9month old Jakub. Boys are grate but since 11.04.05 when Jakub was born I have no possibility to sleep during the whole night. Jakub is waking approximately 2 to 11 times  :-[ each night. Unfortunately the nights he gets up 2 times can be counted on one hand.
The Little has reflux problems since he was 2 wo  :(. We come from Poland and our doctor told me that this disease can't be treated with any meds in our country  :(. We need to be patient. He was breastfeed-ed. When he was almost 6months we started bottle fed :(. It was and it still is a horror. Since giving him solids is a quite ok during the day, but nights are horrible. He gets a bottle of his milk (Nutramigen - because we are all allergic) about 20:00 and a nightmare begins.
I would like to add that he used to drink up to 200ml... and now it is hard for him to drink even 100ml :(.
I don't know what to do...

Any advices? Please... help...

Ewa

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Reflux, alergy, sth else... please help...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:05:41 am »
Hi Ewa  :)

Sounds like you are having a rough time  :( 

In regards to the nightwakings, there can be a number of reasons for them. 
-Does Jakub wake hungry each time at night?  Does he seem in pain?
-Do you follow an EASY routine?
-Is Jakub able to fall asleep independently?

Sorry for all the questions, but it may help us out with the night wakings (make sure to check out the sleep forums in regards to night wakings, etc. there is tons of good information there).  I am also going to have the reflux mods look at your post - hopefully they can help too.

{{HUGS}}
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom