Author Topic: Sick or just doesn't want solids anymore?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Sick or just doesn't want solids anymore?
« on: February 06, 2006, 16:36:31 pm »
I read the thread about all these 8 mo old babies not eating solids anymore & can relate.  I'm wondering if I'm in the same group or if something else is wrong...

Elise has always loved her solids - eats until I stop offering it usually & has liked everything.  Last Friday, she only ate 1 or 2 bites in the afternoon & then started crying (totally not normal).  I picked her up & a few minutes later she projectile vomited (never has done this before) & started crying more.  She sat very still & then when I got up with her, she threw up again.  :(  She ended up just sitting with me awhile & falling asleep in my arms.  When she woke up, she was very happy & normal for the rest of the night.  Since then though, she's hardly eaten any solids - will have a couple bites & then starts fussing & won't eat any more.  She will eat finger foods though, so I'm a little stumped.  ???  I should mention too - she hadn't had anything different to eat before getting sick, so I don't think it's that.  Also, the day after she got sick, she was quite fussy & took awful naps.  But then yesterday she was really good - just didn't eat solids still....

Any thoughts??
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

bradleysmum

Re: Sick or just doesn't want solids anymore?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 21:07:22 pm »
That sounds like my DS he was alright one day then one afternoon he threw up all his dinner and bottle and hasn't been the same since. The doc thinks he has a stomach virus but if he had it has now passed. He seems to throw up at night with his bed bottle. Some days I can't do anything to keep him happy but others he is so lovely. He is my 3rd child and I must admit I'm stumped!

Offline C-line

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 21:20:50 pm »
Well, I can't say for sure but it sounds like Elise was/is sick.  Is she taking BM/Formula ok? 

I've had my first bout of stomach flu with my 8mo old son and he has been refusing to eat solids as well.  He takes his bottle better but is still not eating so much after 3 days. 

If you don't think she's sick, then likely just a phase.  We just went through this as well and he'd started eating quite well again just before the flu hit.  If she's still eating finger foods, then focus there for a bit - maybe she's telling you she wants more of that!

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 15:53:44 pm »
Thanks - I have a feeling she had a little stomach bug too.  She had been nursing the same all along & now the last 2 days she's done a little better with solids.  She definitely loves the finger foods though - we'll probably have to start doing more of that!  :)
Heather

Offline C-line

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 17:27:36 pm »
YEA!  Glad to hear she's doing better  ;D

Offline Mckenna&Barrett's Mom

• Cloth diapering, babywearing, selective vax, potty teaching, Christian Mama!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little cuties
    • The Princess Potty Diaries
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:21:59 am »
My dd (8.5 mths) did this last week but didn't throw up.  She sounds just like your lo for eating.  She refused more than a spoon or two of food, but would feed herself cheerios or a baby cookie.  She was wheezing a day or two later, so I took her to see the dr and she had a respiratory bug (she was also teething though).  It lastest almost a week, but the bug is gone now, and she is back to normal eating now  :D, anything I'll give her!

HTH
Kim

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 15:42:26 pm »
Thanks Kim - glad she's doing better now!
Heather

Offline Mckenna&Barrett's Mom

• Cloth diapering, babywearing, selective vax, potty teaching, Christian Mama!
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • My little cuties
    • The Princess Potty Diaries
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 20:44:21 pm »
Heather - Somehow I missed your post about your lo doing better, glad to hear she is doing better too!
Kim