Author Topic: 5 month old won't eat!!!  (Read 1172 times)

Offline Meller

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
5 month old won't eat!!!
« on: February 06, 2006, 18:01:26 pm »
My son is on 4hr easy. He was EBF till 4 months and is now on formula. He did well with the transition. He is about 15lbs and was eating 6-8oz per bottle the whole time. He eats around 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm, DF at 10pm. For the past few days he started to not really want to eat. In the morn, he sleeps through, he only wanted 2-3 oz. SHould't he be hungry!!! Now it is happening at every feed. He will eat from 3-5oz. But the morn is always a little less. I am not understanding this and am very worried.  ??? The last couple days I have tried to give him a little rice cereal, maybe a 1/2 Tblsp. has'nt got the hang of it yet. Should I not give him cereal? I don't think that is interferring with his eating habits. I am not sure about anything!!! Please help!!

Mel :(

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: 5 month old won't eat!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 01:52:12 am »
Hello!  :)

It is not uncommon for babies to go through little spurts where they takes less.  Both of my kiddos did it too.  And Zoe use to eat  alot in the AM but at around 5months, she just wasn't as interested - I was happy to get 4oz in her  :)  Zoe also took a lot less when she was teething - could this maybe be the culprit?  If it doesn't affect his night time sleep and he continues to gain weight - all is well (though frustrating and worrisome I know  ;) )
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Meller

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:52:44 am »
thanks for the reply!!! I think he is over it. Tonight he ate 81/2 oz before bed!!!! WOW!! SO see how DF goes!!

Mel

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 14:00:14 pm »
Yay!!!!  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline kezzi78

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 20:06:08 pm »
please can you tell me how long the refusal lasted. My Lo is 5 months and today and yesterday i have been lucky to get 8oz into her in the whole day she is just not interested in eating, although she did eat some brocolli and cauliflower and yoghurt for tea, but does not care for the bottle, driving me insane with worry
Amelie Grace's mum