Author Topic: Need advice on moving w/ time change component  (Read 1088 times)

Offline socalm2b

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Need advice on moving w/ time change component
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:58:16 am »
Hi ladies,

We are planning to move from Texas to California in a couple of months. Obviously, this comes with not only the adjustment to a new setting for my 16.5 mo dd but also 2 hour time difference. Can anyone share their experience on how they handled the time change and sleeping schedules for their ds/dd? I'm wondering what to do, keep her for naps and nighttime? Or opt for a more gradual change - like push it 15 minute increments every few days? Any thoughts? Would appreciate any tips, hints, tricks, etc.

Thanks!

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Need advice on moving w/ time change component
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 17:30:38 pm »
I haven't had to deal with this, but I would think your best bet would be gradually pushing the times back rather than all at once.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline Lockyer

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 06:11:14 am »
Hi,
As we live in Australia I cant comment on your time changes but we have Daylight savings in the summer months and what we have done the two times we have had it since DS was born was to just gradually push it forward or back whatever the time change may be. Just do it for 10 minutes and leave it there for a few days then another 10mins etc. It doesnt take too long about a week or so.

Just remember you have to do it over the whole day, naps eating etc for it to truly work..good luck
Vanessa

Offline NikiB

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • Mum to Saskia, born 18-Jan-05
    • Cognitive Behaviour Therapy 24/7
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 20:04:27 pm »
Hi, we travelled around the world for 6 months, just got back before Xmas, Saskia was 4.5 months when we left, so we crossed a number of time zones. We tried to keep to her routine as much as possible but had it in our minds, "this is a travel day" so didn't get too worked up if the routine went potty, and on the way to the new destination we switched to new time zone as soon as we could. We kept bedtime routine and then the next day started with the new time zone, so woke her at 7-7.30 as usual and started from there. We found it worked better to try and adjust as soon as possible rather than slowly. Actually, she adjusted quicker than I did!!