Author Topic: Trying to help him fall asleep alone in a big bed  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Khyan & Sahria's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Trying to help him fall asleep alone in a big bed
« on: February 17, 2006, 08:23:55 am »
Khyan is been in a big bed now for a good couple of weeks and things are going great   ;D 

He seems to really like his new bed but I'm still having to stay in the room with him till he falls asleep  ::) I was hoping to change this next week so I was wanting a bit of advice to help us with this transition.

At the moment we go to his room and both of us pile into his bed and get comfy we then read a book, have a cuddle and talk quietly about our day and then say goodnite - I get out of his bed and turn off the light and then in the dark I sit on the floor till he goes to sleep.

He doesn't need me to touch him but he does call mama ?? mama ??  every minute or so till he falls asleep.

If I answer with shhh night night he will be content and stop for a couple more mins but if I don't answer him after he calls for about 5 times he will sit up and look around - if I say lie down he will and then it ok for a couple of mins.

If I leave the room before he goes to sleep he will sometimes lie and roll around in his bed for a couple of mins and then get up and come look for me. Sometimes he will just start crying straight away and then come out and cling to me.

As he is doing so good at falling asleep at the moment I'm terrified at playing around too much with it by means of leave/ put him back in bed/ leave/ put him back in bed etc etc. But saying this do you think that this is probably my best option.

I don't know how else to deal with the mama mama issue.

So please what are your opinions ! 
Michaela
Khyan & Sahria's Mummy

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Re: Trying to help him fall asleep alone in a big bed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:59:05 am »
Hi Michaela,

Sorry no real words of advice as we have yet to make this transition.  What about a modified walk in/walk out?  Is he getting really upset when you leave his room?
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com