Author Topic: Moving House  (Read 840 times)

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
Moving House
« on: February 07, 2006, 12:03:21 pm »
Well ladies the time is nearly here and i need some advise to set me on my way ;)
We are moving into our new pub next week and i would really like some advise on how to make the transition as smooth as possible for my DD.
Last time we moved she was still V young and it didnt seem to affect her but now she is more aware of her surroundings.
Its really her sleep patterns i am most concerned about i reaaly dont want to damage the work she and i have done together making nightwakings a rareish!!! occurance.

Any advise would be really welcome

Kx

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
Re: Moving House
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 12:21:32 pm »
Hi Karen

How exciting!!! I'm so glad you're finally moving to your bigger place and you can start getting things back on track.

With regards your LO I'd say make sure you stick to your bedtime routine as much as you can - lots of familiar things around and when you set up her room try and make sure that her cot is facing the same direction as your old place (and that the wall is on the same side) and that the layout of the furniture is the same if possible. Familiarity breeds comfort!

Hope all goes smoothly for you!

love

Marie

Offline mcruari

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 361
  • Turin, Italy (but Irish at heart)
Re: Moving House
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 14:49:38 pm »
Hi Karen,
I moved appartment almost a year ago now when my DD was more or less your DD's age. We were lucky to be moving to a place near my MIL's so she basically 'had' her for 5 nights so that we could get the place sorted (we were still having bathroom and decorating done so it wouldn't have been a good place for her to be - plus we didn't have a kitchen for 3 weeks after moving in :o :o but luckily MIL's cooking is delicious ;) ;))
Anyway, when we finally decided the house was a decent place for a bubba to be, I put one of her favourite teddies/toys in each room and as we went through the house I made a big deal about how "so and so" was sitting on the sofa or " so and so" was playing in the kitchen etc, etc. My DD had never had her own room before as we didn't have a room for her in the other appartment so we really laid it on thick how lucky she was to have her own room and how big it was and how all her 'friends' (toys/teddies/dolls) loved it in there. The transition was smooth and she slept all night in her new room.
Good luck with your move.
Just curious, where are you moving from/to?

Sinead
Sinéad