Author Topic: How to teach my lo to sleep in his cot again  (Read 946 times)

Offline * Paula *

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 426
How to teach my lo to sleep in his cot again
« on: February 07, 2006, 20:37:41 pm »
Hi All,

I am hoping you can help me.

Our DS was a very content baby who would go to bed at 7:00 and not stir unit 7:00 in the morning - We would put him in his cot wide awake with his paci, his blankie and his music light and within 10 minutes he would be asleep.

About 2 weeks ago he became very ill and was suffering with bad tummy pains, and the only way he would get a few minutes sleep was with his tummy against mine with the warmth.  We had numerous sleepless nights untile he went into hospital and now is fine.

The problem now is that he is so used to being with us and falling asleep on us, that when we put him down in his cot he just screams.  Eventually when he does fall asleep either his paci will fall out or he will just wake up screaming and not re-settle himself.  As a last resort, we have brought him downstairs to sit with us where he will quite happily fall asleep.

When we put him back in his cot within minutes he is awake and screaming again.  We know that he is tired as you can see all the signs, rubbing his eyes, pulling his hair etc, but he will just not settle himself.

I want my happy baby back but can't seem to find him anywhere.  It does not help that he is cutting another tooth either.

I am hoping that someone will be able to give me some advice.

Thanks
Paula - Mum to Thomas 12 July 2005
Thomas Michael - 12 July 2005
Abigail Louise - 23 October 2007

Offline Windsurfer's mum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
    • http://www.crystal-seasons.co.uk
Re: How to teach my lo to sleep in his cot again
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 21:19:23 pm »
Hi

My LO is a great sleeper (fingers crossed) but for when he cuts a tooth! so maybe it is best not to worry too much until the tooth is out. Wish I could be more help. He is v cute by the way
clare
Life's a journey, not a destination!