Author Topic: Not taking bottle  (Read 765 times)

Offline llambden

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Calvin Oct 16/05
Not taking bottle
« on: February 07, 2006, 23:14:36 pm »
I am still breastfeeding. But my milk supply is low in the evenings so I started give my son (3.5moths and a big boy) a bottle at his 7pm feeding and then bf again at bedtime in 2 hours. 

BUT NOW in the last 4 days he has refuse to take the bottle.  The bottle was always formula but in the last two nights I have pumped and put in breast milk.  The only way I can get him to take the bottle is by giving him my breast then pulling him off and putting the bottle in.

I would like him to keep taking a bottle once in awhile so I can go do things.  This also gives me a chance to let dad take over and I can have a break.

My husband and I decide for the next two days to give him breast milk in the bottles and pump.  I would just give him a breastfeed at bed.  I hope this helps but does anybody have any other ideas.

This Saturday we have a dinner theater to go to but i don't want to leave him if he won't feed.

Help!

Lori
LORI

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
Re: Not taking bottle
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 15:00:43 pm »
Have you tried just dh feeding you lo with the bottle?  Is the nipple on the bottle warm?  Maybe try those two things.

My lo wouldn't take a bottle from me at teh beginning.

Not sure why your son just stopped though if he was taking it fine before.  Maybe just more aware?

Keep us posted!
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline stephanie 78

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • My beautiful daughter Niamh
Re: Not taking bottle
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 21:01:54 pm »
Hey, this is my first post so I do hope it is useful to you!  :)

Maybe your son is confused about the contents of the bottle. It sounds like he was happy taking the formula milk from the bottle and wasnt associating the bottle and ebm, but when you changed and added ebm he wasnt sure why the taste had changed. Perhaps you could decide on which is easier for your beautiful son  to take and stick with it. A change in routine has just thrown him off course a bit but im sure he will be fine. Hope you have a lovely night out on Saturday.!!