Author Topic: Dreamfeeds - when to start?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
Dreamfeeds - when to start?
« on: February 07, 2006, 23:49:01 pm »
My lo is 4.5 weeks old. Is this too early to start dreamfeeding to get her to sleep longer than 3 hours at night?  Also, how do I go about setting up the DF schedule? Thanks.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Re: Dreamfeeds - when to start?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:31:14 am »
Hello!

Not too early at all to start the dreamfeed.  What time does your LO get his last feed before bed?  The dreamfeed should be given between 10-11pm.  It sometimes takes a week or so before the dreamfeed kicks in...and given her young age, she might still wake every 3 hrs at night.  Give it a try  :)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline Taylor5

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 22:10:31 pm »
I didnt start dfing until about 5 weeks as I was breastfeeding, but once started my ds was flying. It did take my little man a week or so before he started to get the benefits of the df. I would say the earlier you start a routine the better. We would always go to bed about 11.30pm so I started the df at about 11pm, so ds would get his nightime feed at about 7.30pm df at 11pm and sleep until 8am..... I know people who didnt df and at 7months their babies arent sleep through the night.
Best of luck and enjoy your time with you baby as they grow so quick (my ds is 7 months already)
Taylor 

Offline The Vern

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Linnea Beatrice Christina - January 5, 2006
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 00:26:13 am »
Thanks. Wondering then how much should we feed her each time? Right now she eats at 7:30, usually a full bottle, and then again at 10:30.  She takes 3-4oz at the 7:30 and then about 2oz for the df.  Is that about to be expected at her age?  Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 15:24:07 pm »
That sounds about right - especially at her age.  When/if she starts finishing the 2 oz, go ahead and add another ounce...unless....if the 2 oz works to get her through the night, I wouldn't add anymore as you want to keep the calories during the day and not add to the night.

:)
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom