Author Topic: 7 wk waking every 2 hours - help  (Read 998 times)

Offline Mac Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 wk waking every 2 hours - help
« on: February 08, 2006, 11:16:54 am »
HELP ???

Our daughter is 7 weeks old, and was very small when born 5lb 8on.  She is now 8lbs 13on and 7 weeks old.  We offer her the dream feed, she only took one side at 11:30. She is waking every 2 hours to feed.  At 1:30, I gave her a full feed plus, a bottle to supplement, so I don't think it's milk supply.  She's up every 2 hours still.  We've tried the shush and pat, and she doesn't take a soother very well.    She has gone up to 4.5 hours at night, but then hit a growth spurt and had problems feeding.  Since then, she's been waking every 2 hours from about 11 - 6.
In the day she can go the 3 hours in between feeds

HELP, is she still hungry, and should we be feeding her or what should we do.
Just trying to figure things out.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
Re: 7 wk waking every 2 hours - help
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 14:59:38 pm »
At 7 weeks she's more then likly hungry. I'd say feed her. She's still pretty young and little to go to long without eaing at night.
Kimberly

Offline Mac Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 23:30:45 pm »
Thank you for your reply.  I find that if I do feed her, she doesn't take much of a feeding, only a couple of minutes on each breast or less than an ounce from the bottle.

Should I still feed her or try something else? ???
Just trying to figure things out.

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 04:39:33 am »
I'd say still feed her. I didn't stop feeding my LO at night till she was about 10 weeks old. I'd wait till at least then. Then you can introduce a paci, or ven pat shush.
What we did is at 10 weeks we gave her a paci for all but one night feeding (around 3am) and then fed her at the 3am wake up, eventually she started sleeping till three, then right through. It may take a bit more work then that for you, I can't say, we were really lucky, my LO is a great night sleeper.
Kimberly