Author Topic: Babbling/Talking at 4.30am every morning since finding his voice..  (Read 1068 times)

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Can anyone help, since my DS found his voice last Friday, for the past 3 nights he has woken at 4.30am approx. just to shouting and babble away.

The first night he did it I thought he was hungry but he wasn't, the 2nd night he did it for 40 mins before I eventually had to go through to put him back to sleep. Last night was the same, as soon as he sees me he falls asleep again.

He is not in any pain and I know its not hunger as the previous week he was sleeping through the whole night and he shows no sign of it when he wakes.  4.30am approx was the usual time he used to wake for a feed.

He is 15lb 15oz and has 32 -34oz of formula per day and a minimum of one pureed meal late afternoon (2 ice cubes worth).

WHAT CAN I DO???? :'(
Lauren x

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: Babbling/Talking at 4.30am every morning since finding his voice..
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 17:27:18 pm »
Is he crying?  If he is just talking and he knows how to put himself back to sleep, just let him talk!  I know it can last up to an hour and it is crazy, but if he isn't upset and is just babbling.....leave him to it.
My dd woke at around 4am and started blowing raspberries this morning this went on for about 20 min and then she slept until 7:30am!!!
Babies are so funny..... ;)
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: Babbling/Talking at 4.30am every morning since finding his voice..
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 18:03:44 pm »
HI, no he is not crying , just very loud babbles. Sooner or later I have to get up though as he doesn't always now how to get himself back to sleep at night. He can do it during the day, but for some reason he can only do it sometimes at night  ???

Should I be leaving him in the HOPE he will go back on his own to sleep, or get up straight away to get him back to sleep? Not sure about the last option as he will think this is the norm from now on  :-\
Lauren x