Author Topic: adapting the routine  (Read 907 times)

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
adapting the routine
« on: February 08, 2006, 12:17:22 pm »
Hi,i have just started the four hour routine the problem is that my 15 week old baby girl wants to nap much sooner that suggested for instance she was showing signs of tiredness at 12 rather than 1pm and was gettting increasingly cranky. should i keep her up or is it ok to go with your baby? Also do people let there baby sleep in the car for naps or do they always have to be back in their beds? Thanks..im confused.

Offline Tori's Mom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 17:13:35 pm »
Personally, I always go with my dd cues!  I look at EASY as a routine that changes everyday. Try not to look at the clock (especially at this age) and just go with the flow.  Your dd will let you know what she needs.
As far as the carseat goes, my dd will not sleep in her's....never has  ::).  My thought is that occasionally it is a good idea so that you lo will be able to adapt but if you are home or close to home at nap time, try to put her in her crib.  This will establish good sleep habits early and let her associate her crib with sleep.
HTH.
Jacki
Mom to Tori   3/13/05

Offline LŠuren

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 206
  • yummy!!
Re: adapting the routine
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:40 am »
Has she gone straight from 3 hour to 4 hours EASY? It may be that you have to start at 3.5 hr EASY and work it up from there  :-\
Lauren x

Offline momofella-grace

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: adapting the routine
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 17:29:11 pm »
Thankyou all thats really helpful x